Friday, October 18, 2002

hmmm. just got back from the "south west CDC citizenship certificate presentation ceremony" (something like that). a number of "interesting" things happened.
1. as i got there and registered, the lady peeled off a tag that said "sun yi" to paste it on my shirt. and then she peered closely at the sheet of paper with "MISS sun yi" on it, and proceeded to mumble to herself "oh miss ah..." and then she peeled the tag off my shirt and tried to paste it on my mom. -_- i didn't get it till......after the whole thing.....apparently my mom looked like the only MISS around-_-
fein.

2. the usher said to me, "this way sir"................................. (well this isn't the 2nd time today. at hc i called out to meisi who was walking in front, and after scanning past me twice her gaze finally fell on me and went "oh hi! i thought you were a guy-_- i am soooo amused.)

3. there were pple of alllllllllllll shapes n sizes n colours n etc there......(i really suspected some of them couldn't be human=S) they didn't seem very enthusiastic or thrilled=P.....they showed a video about history of singapore etc etc....and there were so many thoughts running through my head..... but no one seemed to feel anything while watching all the scenes...like...the japanese occupation....merger and sep, lky going "for all my life, merger was what i stood for..." and then his face wrinkling up in agony.....watching a sia plane taking off...the cranes at psa.....saf....everything. although i was a bit "errrrrrrrrrr" at times.
but yeah, the first time i revise ss with a whole new perspective. hmmm. it means alot to be a citizen of a country doesn't it.
is it possible for me to have my ROOTS here?
watching the rest of the pple i really felt that the quote from one of the schools' prelim paper was right, that s'pore is just regarded as a platform, a stepping stone, a temporary measure. that's really sad. truly, there's so much to be proud of.

4.the many pple there (there were 139 pple there. yes i was so bored i counted) made me realise, that each of them must have some special quality about them. (otherwise why would the pragmatic.....)

5. the guy next to me was called mr. su yi. (the emcee mispronounced his name and went "mr. sun yi", after which was my turn, and after peering closely at the list she had in her hand she went unsurely, "miss sun yi". i got back to my seat and felt the guy trying to look at my passport/ic...=P

6.a hunchbacked small indian guy with a handicap tripped and fell while trying to get up the stage. many of the ushers went up to help him up, plus the mp as well. and so they stood in front and not on the stage to take the photo (awwwwww..so compromising/accomodating). but i thought to myself, he must be someone really special.... and that he was definitely more valuable than his appearance suggests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home