Monday, July 30, 2007

abstinence is the key to inner peace and integrity (as opposed to torn). yeah right. but kick me if i do it again. eff. (i still can't say it=( )

over the past 2 days i've come to the realization that my smalltalk ability has absolutely deserted me.... yesterday at the dinner table, which was the only time of the whole night i dragged myself out of my hiding hole (where i was happily reading harry potter 5, where i left off. i aspired to finish the book by the end of the night...but only got to a mere 59/765+ pages-_-), i found myself looking down almost all the time...or staring at somewhere blankly... spoke only when spoken to...responded minimally to direct questions...but otherwise adhered strictly to "little kids should be seen and not be heard". oh dear... the night before that was somewhat similar too, at kai's. because it seems to take so much effort and discomfort just to make conversation with new pple nowadays...is this a sign of old age.
or maybe not....i found myself severely regressing in front of the two little kids (ok not exactly little).. or maybe coz theyr'e just..not grown up. they tortured me =( while all i wanted to do was read my book in peace. they made me watch high school musical which i thought was damn highschoolish and hence .. -scratch head bizarre look- juvenile. they poked and slapped me in my stomach a few times... after which they'd give an astounded look and proceed to laugh hysterically, at which i'd roll my eyes and go, i know, faat. well it's nice to see that pple are still so fond of me/disturbing me when i've not done a thing.

well i met eunice and dom for dinner on friday...yay...harhar but eunice has changed, eunice is grown up! dom hasn't=PPP (changed i mean=P)

kai's bday party on sat, (but happy birthday kai! on wednesday) and before that met em and jo (! =) ) in an attempt to watch the simpsons, that failed miserably. nice seeing some of the 412 girls (as always) at kai's place..and grateful for the distraction/entertainment once in a while.

and sunday was jennie's bday! happy birthday... hon and i met up for lunch with her at suntec, with her churchmates..but went off ourselves after that.

the ntu kids make alot of noise during orientation...sounds as if they're having lots of fun. harhar. yet another sober reminder of, bleah, -old age-.

it's my holiday...but guess what the only thing i'd be able to remember about it is....pffft. champaign was nicer, for wallowing in peace. NO! no wallowing. slapslapslap. bottle of wallowing-remedy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home